Sunday, May 9, 2010

Anne


A few moments of solace and reflection. Honouring a title that encompasses so much meaning and holds in its power the unleashing of emotion.

Mother.

Some may recall childhood days of play dates and apple bakes, others of sports games and laughter. I choose to recollect the memories of later years when wisdom and introspection had become the demonstrative norm. When being present was an art form and absence long since gone.

Motherhood as a journey must take many roads and the bearer wear many coats. Whimsically, I like to envision a bright yellow Mac and black Wellies.

I settle into the smile. A redirection from bitter days no longer here.

I sometimes see black leather, and other times, checkered suede with a fashionable belt. Comfy visions include a black fleece and a lined overcoat.

Memories flow like an ocean wave. Some days distant and barely making their presence with a peak. Other days, thrashing and crashing their frequent breaks over the rocks that are my mind.
I choose to focus on the little things that honour and respect your footprint on this world and bury those feelings and thoughts for which I have no more use.

It's Mother's Day.
My heart simultaneously aches with the missing and resonates with my love.

Happy Mother's Day Mum!!

No comments: